Recently God's been developing in me a vision for my future & my family's future, and there are two distinct things that He has laid on my heart - family retreats and personal/family mission statements.
Never in my 32 years have I ever given any thought to either of these ideas. But as I have been reading, praying and searching, I really feel led to make these two things happen for my family.
A retreat in and of itself speaks to me, since it basically means seclusion, rest and togetherness with close people in life. Hello, Introvert Heaven. Sign me up.
The mission/vision statement is harder for me and I've had to do some deeper soul searching. What exactly is my mission? I own a small business - aside from keeping us debt-free, what else am I going to do with that? What has good has God called me to do with that income? On the personal side, what is my own mission in this life? What drives me every day? What about my family - what are my husband and I working towards, and what does God have for us?
I definitely don't have anything written or figured out yet, but the exploration process has really been eye-opening. God has really big plans for us, if we will just allow ourselves to be open and ask.
This article has a great example of a family retreat and what all would happen, in case this idea hit home for you too.
Once I have finished fleshing out my mission/vision statement, I'd love to share with you all and the process I'm taking to write it. Look for that soon!
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment