Monday, November 21, 2016

Qualled... to more than one thing.

I do a podcast for the leaders on my team for work. It's called "Qualled" which is the words Called and Qualified put together. It was meant to help teach basic leadership skills to up and coming distributors, who feel like they don't know what they're doing, but are definitely supposed to be leading a team.

"God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called."

I came up with the name because it's how I feel as an introvert, and just as an overall very normal person. There's nothing special about me, yet here I am, looked up to and being asked how to lead others.

This morning though, I realized that I can apply this exact same title to my motherhood life too. I feel severely under-qualified to have been entrusted by God to raise three kiddos. I don't like to craft, I don't like to make a mess in the kitchen so the kids don't get to cook anything, I don't like noise and have very little patience naturally.

What exactly am I doing with 2 boys and a baby girl!?

But yet, here I am. I'm definitely not qualified to be their mom. I have no idea what I'm doing 90% of the time, and since my husband is gone more than he's here with us, it's all on me 90% of the time too.

These poor children!

But I do my very best. Because God has called me to this, and He already knew I wasn't qualified. So with His strength in me through His Holy Spirit, somehow, someway, my kid are extremely happy. Well-behaved outside my house, fed, clothed, rested, and they know their hot-mess mom loves them, and Jesus loves them.

I feel like even though I'll never win any Mom awards or have a DIY craft picture go viral on Pinterest.... that God sees me and my heart, and gives me His unending grace to make it through each day.

I even venture that He says "well done, good and faithful servant" over me when I collapse into bed each night.

Qualled. For such a time as this. Esther 4:14

No comments:

Post a Comment